Surfside Beach, SC Implant Dentistry
Get the beautiful smile you have always deserved with dental implants. Implant dentistry offers one of the best ways to replace missing teeth and create a full, beautiful smile. Surfside Beach, SC dental implants can be achieved at our practice. You can count on us when it comes to exploring this permanent and long lasting procedure.
Some patients have had to have a tooth or multiple teeth removed due to gum disease, pain, decay or simply wear and tear due to aging. We know this experience can be difficult, and even in some cases, embarrassing for your smile. We can help you regain your teeth and put your oral health back on track.
How Does it Work?
With this type of replacement procedure, you get a brand new tooth or multiple teeth that look and feel just like your natural ones do. You will be able to chew, speak, and smile normally. Although the most noticeable benefits are cosmetic, having this type of process performed can improve your overall oral health and prevent future problems and tooth decay.
Benefits of Implant Dentistry
Getting dental implants can cure all the problems that are associated with tooth decay, gum issues, chipped, and broken teeth. Having problem teeth removed and replaced with a new one can make a huge difference in your health and comfort level. Your new tooth, often referred to as a crown or prosthetic tooth, will be designed to match the surrounding teeth for a flawless and natural looking smile.
General benefits of this procedure include:
- Health and Oral Wellness – replacing a missing tooth will help your bone and gum tissue area to remain supported. Removing the old tooth will eliminate decay, gum disease, and discomfort.
- Great Smile – with this kind of replacement procedure you will have a full, healthy smile that is comfortable and natural looking.
- Long Lasting – with proper care, routine check-ups and more – your implant could last a lifetime.
The implant procedure is completed in a series of steps.
- The first important and major step is to make sure you have enough bone foundation to support an implant.
- Once you qualify for this procedure, a titanium tooth root (the implant) is then placed in the jaw area where the old tooth root once resided.
- Over time, this tooth root fuses to the gum tissue and bone around the area. Once the area is ready and everything is healed the next step can begin.
- A new tooth is created and designed to match the surrounding teeth in color and size. A piece called an abutment is placed on top of the implant, and then a crown (your new tooth) is attached to the top and fitted into place. You will then appear as if you never had decay or a lost tooth. Your new tooth will fit in with the rest of your mouth and function properly.
Can I Get Dental Implants?
The best way to determine if dental implants are the right option for you is to consult with us and have a full dental evaluation. Some patients need bone grafts or sinus lifts before they can attempt a successful implant procedure. If you want your teeth whitened it would be best to have that done before receiving your implant since the crown will not lighten like a natural tooth. Also, a full medical history on the patient should be considered. If you have dental anxiety, there are adult sedation options available for this kind of procedure.
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm